BUCHANAN FOR CONGRESS
You, each human individual, are the indispensable agent of moral action and meaning on this planet.
You have a value that is independent of any government, corporation, or movement.
Your free choices produce wealth, increase knowledge, and create the next generation.
Your free choices create voluntary associations of great value, including families, companies, schools, and churches.
Your free choices are protected by a system of individual rights, to life, liberty, and property.
A Government That Respects Freedom
Here are 10 ways our government can respect our rights:
- End the Drug War. Drug prohibition kills people, imprisons people, costs money, harms drug users, and does not stop drug use.
- Stop killing or brutalizing innocent people. Black lives matter. The number of people of all races abused by police is frightening.
- End civil asset forfeiture, where the government now steals more from us each year than all the burglars combined.
- End the surveillance state. Eliminate the NSA's Big Brother spying on everyone in the United States and other friendly countries.
- Stop criminalizing parenting. If you choose to raise "free range" kids you should not be harassed or arrested.
- Respect freedom of education. Give families control of state and local education dollars, with full choice of home, private, religous, or government schools.
- End occupational regulation by government. Private associations and institutions can and do provide certifications and credentials.
- Legalize entrepreneurship. No lawful business should need a government permit, license, or permission to operate.
- Restore freedom of association for private businesses. The costs of anti-discrimination laws that now protect everyone far out-weigh any benefits.
- Politics is free speech. Abolish all campaign finance regulation and all government control of political speech.
Governments and government employees should never have sovereign immunity if they abuse the liberties of the people.
Paid for by Martin L. Buchanan